Recently, a Wall Street Journal posted an article claiming that Google accidentaly exposed private information of hundreds of thousands Google+ users over the course of last three years. Google found out about the security breach in March 2018 and quickly fixed the bug, but they kept silent about the issue.
Google+ was created back in 2011 as a social media network that should challenge Facebook and Twitter but never managed to grab any bigger attention. Many of Google or Gmail users don’t even know they have their Google+ account and their Google+ page since these are probably given by default. Some probably tried using once or twice and that’s about it but alot of users never actually used Google+ (including me).
Google is now thinking of shutting the service down but the exact date when the service will stop to work and exist is still unknown.
How to check if you have Google+ account?
Here’s a simple way how to determine if you have Google+ account: go to Gmail and at the right side of the screen click on icon next to a bell (probably with your picture/avatar) and you’ll see a window like this with a link to your Google+ profile.
How to check if you already have Google+ account?
How to close your Google+ page and with all data stored?
Apparently, sooner or later, Google+ will stop to exist. If you don’t use it and don’t plan to use it you can simply remove your Google+ account by following these simple instructions.
- Clicking on that Google+ Profile link like on a picture above will take you to your Google+ page. If you haven’t used it at all, it should look like this.
Typical Google+ page
- Here are a simple steps that will safely remove your Google+ page. While on your Google+ page, click Settings (as shown on the image above). Then on the settings page scroll all the way down to the and of the page and there you’ll have Delete your Google+ profile link:
Scroll down and find Delete your Google+ Profile link
- Clicking on that link will ask you once again to login to your Google account to confirm your identity and after a login you’ll see a page like this:
Confirm the removal your Google+ profile
- This page will contain all the information you need to know about removing your Google+ profile so read it carefully. If you agree with everything written there tick these two boxes and click Delete. Note that deleting of your Google+ profile can’t be undone so once you delete it – it’s gone for good! Also, removing your Google+ profile has nothing to do with your Google or Gmail account. These are totally different things and it won’t affect your Google or Gmail account.
- Once you have pressed the Delete button your Google+ account is gone! The page that follows is an optional survey where you can leave a feedback about why have you decided to remove your Google+ account.
Optional survey about reasons for deleting Google+ account
If you have followed the instructions above you now no longer have a Google+ account. Go back to your Gmail, give it a refresh and you’ll be able to see that your Google+ Profile link is now gone:
Google+ account removed
Also, if you try to load your Google+ profile page in your browser you’ll reach a 404 page, meaning that your Google+ page no longer exist:
Google+ Profile page removed
If you’re using Google Drive it’s default path is c:\User\USER_NAME\Google Drive\ but often my partition on c: is quite small since I only use it for operating system and I store all my data on other drives. So I’d like Google Drive to backup my data on other drive and still allow me to access it in my user’s folder. The idea is to create a symbolic link so that C:\User\USER_NAME\Google Drive\ links to e:\Backup in my case (or some other path in your case).
First close (quit) the Google Drive application.
1. Now you need to go and remove directory and all it’s files from C:\User\USER_NAME\Google Drive\ (or simply rename the folder or copy all files to your 2nd backup folder on other drive).
2. Than you need to run CMD as Administrator – see the picture below how:
3. Then you need to make Smbolic link. But not a shortcut link than directory redirect link, entering mklink /D “c:\Users\USER_NAME\Google Drive” e:\Backup
If your backup path contains spaces put it in double quotes too like the fist path.
Start the Google Drive and Snyc your data.
Google Drive is great cloud service where you can store online or backup all your important files that you can later access wherever you are just by logging into your Gmail (Google) account and going to http://drive.google.com. You can drag and drop files to your browser while on that url or you can install their application that will sync a selected folder to the cloud. Problem is I can’t change the language on my Google Drive since there is nowhere to do so. I prefer that my Windows and all applications are in English. I have searched the Google Drive’s settings but seen nowhere to change settings but than I searched a bit more and I found rather simple solution.
Before you start you should close Google Drive.
Then you need to go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Environment Variables.
Then on user variables press New button for Variable name enter LANG and for value enter en_US.
Restart the Google Drive and it should work now in English.
Easy as a pie!
Here’s a screenshot of the windows that might help you find your way trough:
Tags: change google drive language, change google drive to english, how to change google drive language, change google drive language to english, how to change language in google drive, google drive change language, google drive settings language english, how to change language on google drive, chANGE LANGUAGE GOOGLE DRIVE, how to change the language on google drive, how to change the language in google drive, google drive not in english, how to change google drive to english, google drive in spanish, google drive english, google drive in a wrong language, google drive change language to english, only google drive in another language, google drive is not in english, changing google drive language, why is google drive in a foreign language, how to change the google drive language to english, google drive in wrong language, where to change language in google drive, change language of google drive, google drive language, change language on google drive, change google drive language 2018, change language in google drive webpage, google drive appearing in spanish, google drive account in different language, google docs change korean to english, googel drive language change 2018, getting google drive in english, why is my google drive in japanese