Today I have got a request from a client that has a server with no control panel on it to change one ftp password. Server is using proftpd as it’s ftp server. This is really easy task to do if proftp is setup by default and uses /etc/passwd for storing it’s passwords.
If you know username all you need to do is type in
(replace USERNAME with actual username), enter new password two times and you’re done.
If you however don’t know the username (and that can happen too) you can open /etc/passwd file and try and locate it in there.
Tags: proftpd change password, proftpd change user password, change proftpd password, proftpd password change, change ftp password proftpd, change password proftpd, proftpd default password, proftp change user password
Today something weird happened. I started up my computer and clicked on Chrome icon – and nothing. I click again nothing… This is weird… I start up Windows Task Manager and then I click again Chrome icon and I monitor Processes list at Windows Task Manager and chrome.exe doesn’t come up… So I start up Total Commander and go to c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\ and there is chrome.exe and there is debug.log. I start the chrome.exe and nothing again. In debug.log I’ve noticed lots of lines like this one:
[0214/035118:ERROR:client_util.cc(315)] Failed to load Chrome DLL from 0029F7E0
[0214/035118:ERROR:client_util.cc(356)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded
Also I see two directories above: /16.0.912.77 and /17.0.963.46. So this looks to me like some update gone wrong. I start Opera and start searching a at Google on how to solve this since I don’t want to loose all my logins, bookmarks etc… Few minutes later I have found a simple solution that worked but not fully… To solve this problem I had to copy the chrome.exe from /application folder into /application/17.0.963.43 folder (newer version folder). Then by running chrome.exe from that directory did start a browser but when I click on a Key (settings in Chrome) and go to “About Google Chrome” I can see error message “Update server not available (error: 1)” that means that my Chrome will not update itself in future.
So I went to FileHorse.com and downloaded the latest version of Google Chrome and at the moment it was 19.0.1036.7 and I start the chrome_installer.exe I just downloaded and nothing happens…. No installation stuff, nothing… Well I know Google guys like minimalism but this was nothing… but in my Google Application folder I see two new things: new folder /19.0.1036.7 and new file new_chrome.exe. So after trying few more things I found the solution. I had to delete old chrome.exe and rename new one from new_chrome.exe to chrome.exe and it was finally it!!! Chrome was working, update at about page is again saying “Google Chrome is up to date (19.0.1036.7)”.
Ok but why did this happen?
Tags: could not find exported function relaunchchromebrowserwithnewcommandlineifneeded, chrome not launching, Could not get Chrome DLL version, chrome will not launch, Google Chrome Not Launching, RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded, failed to load chrome DLl, could not get chrome dll version could not find exported function relaunchchromebrowserwithnewcommandlineifneeded, yhs-fullyhosted_003, google chrome will not launch, chrome is not launching, couldnt launch Chrome try again, yhs-fh_lsonsw, block ad doubleclick net windows 7, couldn\t launch chrome try again, chrome enterprise could not launch chrome, ctrl alt delete screen, chrome does not launch, chrome browser not launching, ERROR:client_util cc(315), Couldn\t mmap icu data file, chrome Couldnt mmap icu data file, couldn´t launch chrome try again, main_dll_loader_win cc, Couldnt mmap icu data file, could not launch chrome windows 10, couldn\t launch chrome chrome enterprise, [0606/221324 535:ERROR:icu_util cc(247)] Couldn\t mmap icu data file, could not launch chrome enterprise, couldn t launch chrome Try again, chrome could not launch, ERROR:main_dll_loader_win cc(136)] Failed to load Chrome DLL, ERROR:main_dll_loader_win cc(136)] Failed to load Chrome DLL from C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome dll: The specified module could not be found (0x7E), error:icu_util cc(247)] couldnt mmap icu data file, could not launch chrome try again from chrome enterprise
Well I started searching the web and I found out that this happened because of using Chromium or Chrome portable. And I’ve been using/trying both! So one of those probably started auto-update and than used settings stored in registry from my installed Chrome and messed it all up. So my advice for you today is: DO NOT use Chrome along with Chrome Portable or Chromium Portable or any other browser running on Chromium open-source platform!