Streaming MP4 files with Apache + h264_streaming has never been easier. Setup your web server to stream MP4 files using Apache in just 3 minutes.
./configure --with-apxs='which apxs'
make && make install
Non WHM/cPanel users
Should now add those two lines into httpd.conf:
LoadModule h264_streaming_module /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_h264_streaming.so
AddHandler h264-streaming.extensions .mp4
and simply restart Apache using:
service httpd restart
Should use Include Editor since any changes made to httpd.conf will be lost in case of rebuilding apache.
So login to WHM and go to Apache Configuration -> Include Editor -> Pre Main Include -> All Versions and in the box that appears copy/paste following two lines and after saving that confirm Apache restart.
LoadModule flvx_module modules/mod_flvx.so
AddHandler flv-stream .flv
Here are a few pictures for newbies so they can find their way trough more easily:
1. Apache Configuration
2. Include Editor
3. Locate PreMain Include – select All Versions
4. Copy/paste those two lines and press Update (then confirm Apache reload)
FLV Streaming using Apache
Tags: apache senable tream mp4, cpanel enable mp4 video, fighttai
To learn how to setup FLV streaming using Apache click here
To disable directory browsing/listing on whole server, follow these simple instructions:
1. Log into WHM
2. Service Configuration –> Apache Configuration
3. Global Configuration
4. Scroll down to Directory ‘/’ Options
5. Un-tick Indexes option (see picture)
6. Then press Save button below
7. Finally, rebuild by clicking rebuild apache conf button and that’s it…
There are two ways to install IonCubeLoader on cPanel. The standard way includes recompiling Apache using EasyApache from WHM (or shell) and it takes 10-30 minutes to complete and results in Apache restart in the end.
But there’s also a quick way: just login to SSH and execute this command, wait a minute and that’s it!
/scripts/phpextensionmgr install IonCubeLoader
If you just bought your new server powered with cPanel/WHM and you went to login at WHM/cPanel using secure connection (https://) and got that red error saying that certificate can not be trusted.
You can just press “Proceed Anyway” and get to WHH, cPanel or Webmail login but that will just bypass it but it becomes quite annoying.
Well there are two actually. First one includes buying SSL Certificate and those come at price from about $10 to few hundred bucks per year. If you sell hosting – I would recommend buying and installing one – but if you’re using the server alone – you can do it this way:
1. Login to cPanel/WHM (you’re clicking “Proceed Anyway” button for the last time I promise 🙂 )
2. Go to SSL/TLS and select SSL Key/Crt Manager in the menu
3. In the Certificates find the your host and download click the download button/icon:
4. Copy everything from (including) —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– to (including) —–END CERTIFICATE—– and paste it in a notepad and save that as whmcert.crt on desktop.
5. Double click on that file you have just saved/created and click on Install Certificate button.
6. Just click Next > 🙂
7. This is important step for all Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users. Select Place all certificates in following store then click Browse and in new small windows select Trusted Root Certificate Authorities, press OK and Next >
8. Press Finish
9. Restart the browser
10. Navigate to WHM, cPanel or Webmail secure login and you should no longer have that red error warning!
As I’ve said if you’re in hosting business – don’t be cheap buy a real SSL and install it. If you share server with a friend(s) or a business partner(s) just zip that whmcert.crt and email it to them and email them this article as a guide how to install the certificate. They have to do it from point 5. to point 10. Hope this helps!
Tags: hostgator not trusted, certificate error on cpanel, cpanel certificate error, how to fix https certificate invalid whm, ssl certificate at cpanel showing certificate error, SSL certificate on WHM login ip, the system failed to acquire a signed certificate from the cpanel store, whm saying certificate error
I have just installed a cPanel on new VPS account but it’s simply not showing any disk usage even with quoatas turned on. I have tried running /scripts/fixquotas but it didn’t help and it returned error: quotacheck: Cannot find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted with quota option..
To make cPanel calculate disk usage you need to execute following commands:
chmod 600 /home/quota.user
chmod 600 /home/quota.group
The result of the last command should look something like this:
quotacheck: Your kernel probably supports journaled quota but you are not using it. Consider switching to journaled quota to avoid running quotacheck after an unclean shutdown.
quotacheck: Scanning /dev/sda [/] done
quotacheck: Cannot stat old user quota file: No such file or directory
quotacheck: Old group file not found. Usage will not be substracted.
quotacheck: Checked 22164 directories and 750401 files
quotacheck: Old file not found.
By now it should work already but just to make sure execute quotas one more time