After recent update of Chrome 37 (at the end of August start of September 2014) the text in my favorite browser became not so clear as it was just before the update.
Here’s a sample:
You can notice that text on both buttons is not quite readable, as well as the text below has also some extra pixels…
The problem is apparently with DirectWrite rendering system. Launch Chrome and enter chrome://flags into the browser’s address bar. This will enable access to a many hidden and experimental features, so be really careful. Locate Enable DirectWrite. You can quickly find it using Chrome’s on-page search feature (Control-F or F3). Choose Enable and relaunch the browser.
UPDATE: You can also enter this into browser’s address bar chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write since this will directly take you to DirectWrite Option.
After doing it your screen should look like this:
Here are the same picture now:
Now text rendering is much better.
I hope this helped you out!
Tags: ERROR:main_dll_loader_win cc(140)], ERROR:main_dll_loader_win cc(140)] chrome, error:main_dll_loader_win cc(140)] Failed to load Chrome DLL, how to solve problem update server not available in google chromes version 16 0 912 77, html text looks pixelated#spf=1, main_dll_loader_win cc(140), yhs-newnet
Leave your comments in the comments box below.
Today something weird happened. I started up my computer and clicked on Chrome icon – and nothing. I click again nothing… This is weird… I start up Windows Task Manager and then I click again Chrome icon and I monitor Processes list at Windows Task Manager and chrome.exe doesn’t come up… So I start up Total Commander and go to c:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\ and there is chrome.exe and there is debug.log. I start the chrome.exe and nothing again. In debug.log I’ve noticed lots of lines like this one:
[0214/035118:ERROR:client_util.cc(315)] Failed to load Chrome DLL from 0029F7E0
[0214/035118:ERROR:client_util.cc(356)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded
Also I see two directories above: /16.0.912.77 and /17.0.963.46. So this looks to me like some update gone wrong. I start Opera and start searching a at Google on how to solve this since I don’t want to loose all my logins, bookmarks etc… Few minutes later I have found a simple solution that worked but not fully… To solve this problem I had to copy the chrome.exe from /application folder into /application/17.0.963.43 folder (newer version folder). Then by running chrome.exe from that directory did start a browser but when I click on a Key (settings in Chrome) and go to “About Google Chrome” I can see error message “Update server not available (error: 1)” that means that my Chrome will not update itself in future.
So I went to FileHorse.com and downloaded the latest version of Google Chrome and at the moment it was 19.0.1036.7 and I start the chrome_installer.exe I just downloaded and nothing happens…. No installation stuff, nothing… Well I know Google guys like minimalism but this was nothing… but in my Google Application folder I see two new things: new folder /19.0.1036.7 and new file new_chrome.exe. So after trying few more things I found the solution. I had to delete old chrome.exe and rename new one from new_chrome.exe to chrome.exe and it was finally it!!! Chrome was working, update at about page is again saying “Google Chrome is up to date (19.0.1036.7)”.
Ok but why did this happen?
Tags: could not find exported function relaunchchromebrowserwithnewcommandlineifneeded, chrome not launching, Could not get Chrome DLL version, chrome will not launch, Google Chrome Not Launching, RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded, failed to load chrome DLl, could not get chrome dll version could not find exported function relaunchchromebrowserwithnewcommandlineifneeded, yhs-fullyhosted_003, google chrome will not launch, yhs-fh_lsonsw, chrome is not launching, block ad doubleclick net windows 7, ctrl alt delete screen, ERROR:client_util cc(315), how to fix google chrome not launching, chrome browser will not launch, Chromejustwouldnotlaunch|GeekTipsnTricks, error:main_dll_loader_win cc(196)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded, yhs-fh_lsonswrow, browsers will not launch, chrome and firefox browsers not launching, how to laaunch google from command, error:client_util cc(272)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded, googlechrome is not launching, chrome processes but not launching, chrome nopt launching, ERROR:main_dll_loader_win cc, google chrome could not launch, chrome not acting as expected, error:main_dll_loader_win cc(274)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded, error:main_dll_loader_win cc(197)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded, google chrome is not launching
Well I started searching the web and I found out that this happened because of using Chromium or Chrome portable. And I’ve been using/trying both! So one of those probably started auto-update and than used settings stored in registry from my installed Chrome and messed it all up. So my advice for you today is: DO NOT use Chrome along with Chrome Portable or Chromium Portable or any other browser running on Chromium open-source platform!