I have just got my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I have noticed that it has imported all of the pictures and albums from Goole Picasa to my gallery. I find that very anoying and I was looking for a way how to stop it from doing it so. Here’s how to solve it.
First check if auto data sync is enabled:
1. Go to Settings and at Connections tab select Data Usage
2. In properties enable Auto sync Data (To get the properties click on the button on the left side from your Home button on your phone at the bottom right side)
After that’s done let’s disable the Picasa
1. Go to Settings and at Accounts tab select Google and then select your Gmail account (most of you have only one, I have three and if you have more than one repeat the following step for every account)
2. On the next page disable Sync Picasa Web albums (and you can also disable Sync Google+ Photos)
That will prevent future pictures from being downloaded from Picasa to your phone, now let’s clear the current ones:
1. Go to Settings and at More tab enter Application Manager
2. Once you’re into Application Manager at the top go trough the tabs above until you reach move the tab All
3. Then and find Gallery application, click on it and then click on Clear Data button and confirm.
Now you will no longer have Picasa pictures in your Gallery on your Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGS4) phone. This guide also works on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy S5 and probably on some other Galaxy phones. If you have just bought a new Galaxy phone check out some cool accessories, chargers and cases for your phone:
27th June 2014 Update: I have added screenshots made with my phone to help you out disable Picasa on your Galaxy Phone even easier. If you phone is in other language switch it to English, then disable Picasa as descibed above in the post and then switch the language back to your preferred language. This will minimize chance of making an error.
26th July 2014 Update: Added a blog post on how to remove Facebook Albums from Gallery app on Samsung Galaxy S3 or S4.
Why not buy me a coffee?